Saturday, August 17, 2013

IT'S YOUR DAY: HAP HAP HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Code: SM15


Which is the most special day every year for you? For me it's my birthday and definitely for most of you it would have been special. Although  I've made a  birthday card before this but I wanted to make it with quilling work because a friend of mine requested me to do it for her. Plus this work has always been eye capturing for anyone who just has a glance of it once and  another reason of doing it is  because I really enjoy working with paper in this way particularly because its all about  your creativity, in which way you do it and how neatly you do it.
As it got popularity to peak among audience so in the near future I'm deciding to do more quill work with different themes and schemes.


Lets now begin with my today's card. As I was thinking to work with some specific bold colors on card so I selected light color for the base so that the quilling work gets prominent on it. I took light yellow color for base and cut two elongated strips from feroze or blue color equal to the length of the sides. Then I pasted these two strips on left and right side of the card.
I selected just 3 colors for quilling work i.e. red, blue(feroze) and white. I took three A4 sheets of all these three colors sliced the paper into thin long strips. I will give you a brief description how I made the  largest flower on the card and the rest of them would be easier for you to make.





     I folded the green strip round and round and glued its edge with UHU. Then I fastened it at the center of the flower. Close up of the card will show you that I made the outer boundaries of the flower with red color. I took 5 red strips bent all of these and adhered them on card in erect position. Similarly I took blue strips and folded it from both sides then pasted it with UHU. After that I  pasted the folded strip in the inner sides of the red strips. Then I gave number of folding to the white strips and adhered them inside each petal of the flower. I left the vacant space at the right side of the card so to write the greetings. As it is a birthday card so I wrote it in a funky style.

                                                odliie! I'm done with today's card


Thanx for visiting!

You can contact me on facebook at:    





www.multi-tee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...